History

The Main Line Conservatory of Music was founded in 1967 by Dr. and Mrs. Kiszely to provide music loving piano students with an exceptional opportunity  to develop their talent to the highest level possible through a comprehensive program of performance skills and   musicianship training.  

Encouragement and moral support for the school's launch came from a meeting with Zoltan Kodaly at Tanglewood, who had traveled to the US as an honored guest at the summer Festival in Boston in 1966. Dr. Kiszely had been among the prominent Hungarian artists working with Zoltan Kodaly in Hungary before the Hungarian revolution to establish what has become known as the Kodaly System. The Kodalay System was soon thereafter incorporated in the Hungarian education system as a part of their general schooling to provide music education for every Hungarian child from pre-school to artist level. Specialized training for the highly gifted was available in addition to the basic training.

 

The Main Line Conservatory of Music has given its students who desire to perform opportunities to take part in international and local competitions, as well as college preparatory  courses for those planning to major in music.  Each decade of the school's history has had its share of outstanding achievements.

Peter Fell

1977 Grand Prize for $1000   

International Piano Recording Competition

National Guild of Piano Teachers

Ruby Chang     

1985 Grand Prize   

International Piano Competition
American Music Scholarship Association

Yin Huang

1987 First Place

Mann Music Center Concerto Competition

Reiko Obata

1989  Ninth Annual Bartok-Kabalevsky Competition

National First Place and  Stravinsky International

Yin Huang

1995 Grand Prize

International Piano Competition
American Music Scholarship Association

Elise Sun

2000 Greenfield Competition, runner –up

Philadelphia Orchestra